1. Tell me how you first got involved with HMRA? I really liked the mission of restoring downtown using great ideas and bought in on what HMRA was doing.
2. What was your first HMRA event?I would say it was probably one of the chili cook offs years ago.
3. What do you find most rewarding and challenging about advocating for downtown Marion? I find it very rewarding to talk with people about the large amount of positive changes downtown Marion has seen over a few short years. It can be very challenging to break people's mentality of " its been this way for years and its not going to change" to get them to buy into the accomplishments and positive vision of HMRA.
4. What do you wish other people knew about HMRA? I wish the public realized how much effort was being put forth by volunteers to further the vision of HMRA with new compensation other than the gratification of revitalizing the City in which they call home.
5. Why are you supporting HMRA? I believe in the idea of small town America being the backbone of this country and am encouraged by the mission of HMRA to make our "Small Town" vibrant again.
6. What would you say are some of your strongest beliefs about advocating for downtown Marion? I believe that everyone has something to offer in a small town like ours, HMRA is a great outlet to give back to the community which surrounds you.
7. The interest in HMRA and their mission to enhance and advance downtown Marion seems to be growing popularity. Why do you think that is? Citizens are now seeing the fruits of the HMRA's years of hard work. As more and more projects are taken on and completed more people will buy into the mission of HMRA.
8. What would you tell someone who is thinking about donating, volunteering, etc.. to HMRA? I would tell them not to hesitate and to just do it. By donating or volunteering you are helping to further the mission of a great organization that is revitalizing the City in which you live.
9. What do you think will change about downtown Marion and HMRA over the next five years? I think that as the local economy continues to strengthen and HMRA continues to revitalize downtown we will see more and more people willing to move to our small town to enjoy the community that we all love.